After 4 years of Visual Basic learning, I'm leaving it. The main reason is Delphi (Object Pascal).The advantages of Delphi over Visual Basic are enormous. For example:
- Delphi can compile programs that uses no Runtime DLL (All VB programs need 1 or more DLLs to run).
- With Delphi I can develop programs that compile and run in Linux, using the Kylyx compiler from Borland.
- Delphi applications runs faster (at least in my computer).
- Delphi comes with much more components (Just like Activex controls)
- Delphi's standard libary is much much more rich and extensive than VB's libary!
- Delphi shows the source-code of everything. Including the standard-libary functions and forms (windows) creation code.
- You can mix Assembly code with Delphi code!
I'll continue to use this forum because I don't want to loose all those years of programming. But not so often anymore.

解决方案 »

Why are you leaving?Best wishes of learning Dephi

用Delphi也没必要放弃VB呀,Delphi是很强大,但有时候不如VB方便、灵活

I'll not leave VB at all. I'll just not "seek for VB info" anymore. Instead I'll seek for info about Delphi.I recognize that VB is the fastest "way" of application development.
    But generally faster development means slower execution. And easier coding means less power over the OS. That happens with VB at my point of view.As I said, I'm not leaving VB, just going to give +- 70% of my attention to Delphi and database programming. The 30% rest will be shared with VB, Games (thats bad), Client/Server-Side Scripting, Cryptography, Exploitz, Chat and games (thats really bad).

Guys.... after all that time... I realized that can't live without VB!!!Even now, that I got my 1st job as a ASP coder, I use VB for many things. Why? Because, with it, I can code simple applications in like 1 to 5 minutes! But I don't consider using it to code applications that will be shared among "simple mortals" on computer world.About Delphi? I got bored about it because of the syntax! Yes, because of the syntax. I hate to do all those begins and ends. But Delphi still have all those credits I stated above.I'm now coding in C++ Builder 6 also. I find C (and C++) code syntax to be the most elegant and robust of all.

用Delphi也没必要放弃VB呀,Delphi是很强大,但有时候不如VB方便、灵活
    sorry.I don't know english

回复人: smallrole(小角色) ( ) 信誉:100  2004-10-10 17:04:00  得分: 0  

唉我想做服装生意,大家看怎么样,搞技术好累啊

--
    楼主在哪?想做什么样的服装生意?开店,还是批发之类的?

c/c++ is the best language that i have ever seen, but maybe it is a little hard to avocationals. i am not a professional programmor, so i just use vb:). it is so easy.

哎,我6年的VB都扔了。转了DELPHI和JAVA

http://blog.csdn.net/daisy8675/archive/2004/10/13/134239.aspx